|Member:||METAL-PROCESSING, FURNITURE, WOOD, PACKING AND RELATED INDUSTRIES|
|Sector:||METAL-PROCESSING, FURNITURE, WOOD, PACKING AND RELATED INDUSTRIES.|
|Address:||C/BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, 13. PARQUE TECNOLÓGICO. PATERNA. VALENCIA
AIDIMME, the Metal-Processing, Wood, Furniture and Packaging Technology Institute, is a nationally-based, private, not-for-profit association.
It is the consequence of a merger between AIMME (Metal Technology Institute) and AIDIMA (Wood and Furniture Technology Institute), both operating since the 80’s in Research and Technology activities for their industrial affiliated companies. Both institutes have close links with their reference industrial associations (FEVAMA, FEMEVAL and FEMPA).
AIDIMME aims at fostering the competitiveness of the companies belonging to the activities of its sectors through Research, Development and Innovation, both in their products and their processes.
Sectors and Activities:
- Metal products in general (household, machinery, jewelry, structural products, etc.).
- Surface treatments: electrochemical (metallic) and organic (paints, varnishes) both on metal, plastic and wood.
- Wood: wood, veneer, plywood and wood based panels, semifinished products, doors, floors, wood pallets.
- Furniture: domestic, children, contract, office, school, kitchen, bathroom, regardless of the material (wood, plastic, metal).
- Transportation (automotive, aerospace, railway).
- Cellulosic materials: wood, paper and cardboard.
- Users of all types of industrial transportation packaging.
The strategic lines of the Technological Institute are:
WATER AND WASTE TREATMENT: Elimination of specific pollutants and recovery of recoverable substances in water and waste.
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING: Development of technological solutions based on additive manufacturing (applications, technologies, materials, etc.).
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND OPTIMIZATION: Development of products and systems (design, calculation, analysis, simulation, new functionalities, connectivity – IoT).
INDUSTRY 4.0: Integration of ICT applications in the supply chain. Software development for information processing (interoperability). Advanced automation, sensors and actuators.
ADVANCED APPLICATIONS OF MATERIALS: Study and development of new applications for composite and modified materials, light structures, resistance to fire, etc.
MODIFIED SURFACES: Advanced coatings. Surface modifications. Surface treatments based on nanotechnologies.
TOXICITY OF MATERIALS: Reduction of VOC emissions of products and materials. Toxicity / safety of materials (contact with skin / food / etc.).
PACKAGING: Development of intelligent packaging, optimization for handling and transport.
BIOMATERIALS: Development of materials of natural or biomimetic origin, valuation of species of native, biomass.